uploads to email not working

Silly Me 10:07 03 Jun 2008

uploads still not working

I cannot even upload a tiny photo. Browser assures me it is uploading my file, but the 'egg-timer' keeps on turning indefinitely, or until the page times out. Have tried with three different webmail accounts but to no avail. Tiscali have ensured me its not their end to blame, and my hardware retailer reckoned my machine is not at fault. Have installed and run Search & Destroy in addition to the AVG I already had, which found some spyware but problem persists. Hardware technical support suggested that Router settings could be at fault, I can access these but don't understand what most of the settings mean.
I suspect Tiscali may be giving me some flannel (though I can't say for sure, not being an 'expert'). Help!? (I am running Vista)

johndrew 14:22 03 Jun 2008

I am assuming you can send e-mails without attachments.

How big is the `tiny photo`? Right click it go to `Properties` and look at the number next to `Size`.

If it is big, say 3MB or similar, it will take a long time to send. You can reduce size by using something like MS Picture It! and converting it for sending by e-mail.

johndrew 16:41 03 Jun 2008

Just noticed this is also posted in Helproom. Please do not double post.

oldbeefer2 10:24 04 Jun 2008

Or use Picasa which resizes for email.

Silly Me 14:48 09 Jun 2008

photo is only 1.68 MB.

wee eddie 17:35 09 Jun 2008

No wonder it won't work.

Get it down to under 250kb and try again

Silly Me 13:34 10 Jun 2008

Photo not huge in my humble opinion. I have no upload speed at all. So it is impossible to upload owt. Still won't upload at 250k 72dpi. Bums!

wee eddie 14:20 10 Jun 2008

a 1MB limit.

Also ~ your Upload speed may be as little as 5% of your Download speed.

lotvic 22:34 10 Jun 2008

Duplicate thread in Helproom click here

Please greentick this one and stick to the other thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?