Uploading to virgin freespace

andy625 18:47 19 Sep 2005

I have been trying to connect to my virgin freespace using the ipswitch ftp program that virgin recommend. I filled in all the fields in the ftp setup as instructed by the virgin help page, however the ftp program keeps saying that the virgin server rejects my details.

I have been using upload.virgin.net, and my virgin username & password. Can anyone offer any advice, or tell me an easier way of creating a web page with a different company. I have used virgin as my ISP for the last few years but have never tried using the freespace before.

Thanks,

Andy

grumpy old git 11:14 30 Sep 2005

Hi andy625, I know what you mean! I have used virgin freespace for three years with no problem but it was not always like that. I also tried to use Ipswitch but eventually removed it from my computer and I now use Ace FTP freeware available from Visicommedia. "click here"
It is intuitive and very easy to use, I have tried several others just to see what they are like but I now stick with Ace. Also when your FTP program asks for the destination folder type in 'docs' without the quotes. I hope this helps.

andy625 11:30 30 Sep 2005

Thanks for the info. I've since managed to get the ipswitch to work, however my evaluation runs out in a little while and I don't really want to buy the program. Its nice to hear of someone who's also used the freespace. I will try the ace program out. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires