Uploading photo to E-bay problem - wont

Border View 14:49 18 Nov 2010

I am try to sell something on e-bay. Whenever I try to upload the photo graph I get the message

Please check your picture URL (Web address); they typically start with http://. Tip: Paste the entire URL into your browser to see if it displays the picture.

I am using Internet Explorer 8 but dont know where to find the information they are asking for.

Can anyone please help me to resize the photo and find the URL. I use o2 as my ISP if thats any help. I use Avast Anti virus; Sunbelt firewall; and XP Home SP3

Looking forward to your help. Thank you.

gengiscant 15:33 18 Nov 2010

I use Ebay's Turbo lister,makes life a lot easier. click here

muddypaws 15:40 18 Nov 2010

Are you not uploading from 'My Pictures'?

Border View 16:24 18 Nov 2010

Hello muddypaws - No - I have a separate my photos with an Ebay sub folder. Since reading your posting I have Opened up a My Pictures and put the files in there.

Thanks for that gengiscant, I shall try and resolve this problem first and then have a look at the Turbo lister.

Thank you for responding - will try and give it another go.

Border View 16:27 18 Nov 2010

I still don't understand the message:

Please check your picture URL (Web address); they typically start with http://. Tip: Paste the entire URL into your browser to see if it displays the picture.

What do they mean?

gardener 16:27 18 Nov 2010

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. The only browser that worked for me was Opera.

Border View 17:28 18 Nov 2010

Hello gardener. Strange that you should say that. I normally use Opera as my browser but a while ago I could not upload photos using that browser so switched to IE8. This time I just tried IE8 first. Will try again later using Opera.

Have only managed to upload two items. Oh well - go and have some tea.

Thank you for responding.

Border View 22:37 18 Nov 2010

OK

As I have mentioned I dont really understand what they are getting at.

Can anyone with knowledge of e-bay explain how do I find the picture URL and where do I paste "the entire URL into my browser"

Struggling with this one.

gardener 23:54 18 Nov 2010

Opera wouldn't upload pics for me a few months ago, now it seems to be the only browser that will do it. I have no idea why.

gardener 00:05 19 Nov 2010

When the 'Add a Photo' box comes up, click 'Choose' and go to your 'My Pictures' folder if that's where your photos are. When you find the photo you want click 'Upload' and that should put it into your ebay listing.

Border View 13:22 19 Nov 2010

Morning gardener, totally agree that that's what should happen in theory, but it was sticking on the upload.

Problem now resolved. I had to disable my firewall and transfer each photo file to my desktop for upload to E-bay. I also had to use IE8 because it just would not work with Opera.

After all this I hope I get some bids.

Thank you all for responding.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017