uploading

terryf 12:14 02 Mar 2006

I have free webspace with Eclipse, used smartftp to upload some files (zip and exe) went to website and it says it is not set up, any suggestions, I dont want to set up web pages just send some files there for my brother in Canada to retreive

harristweed 12:51 02 Mar 2006

If you have not loaded an index page, then trying to access the site via a browser will give an error message. This does not mean your files are not available to your brother.

terryf 14:00 02 Mar 2006

Please pardon my ignorance but what is an index page and how do I load it. This is my first time trying to use ISP web-space and 'I don't know nuffin'

terryf 15:43 02 Mar 2006

Thanks, just put in click here and as you say, the browser asked what I wanted to do. My first fumbling steps but it isn't as easy as my son would have it, then he is only 34 and I am 40 years older. They didn't have this new-fangled internet when I started as a computer field engineer in 1963

terryf 15:44 02 Mar 2006

For the future I would be pleased to know of a noddy guide to FTP and creating index.html

Gadget Manager 16:59 02 Mar 2006

Terry,

Pay a visit to click here
Lots of introductory stuf and tutorials. I'm sure it will help you.
Sharon

terryf 20:00 02 Mar 2006

Thanks Sharon, I will have another look when I can spare time from watching the idiots lantern :-)
Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone