Upgrading specs on a laptop

jakeottmer 18:47 27 Dec 2014

Hello, I am looking to upgrade my RAM and Video card at some point in the near future, though I know you must find compatible chips/components before even attempting. This is where I am stuck, as I have not been able to find anywhere what my max RAM can be (I only have one slot for it on this laptop), and I have yet to look into the video card part of this yet. I'll list the specs I have right now to help out on this.

Product Name: HP 15 Notebook PC OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit System Memory: 4GB Memory slot 1: 4GB Hynix 1600MHz Graphics Device 1: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4010U CPU @ 1.70GHz

I checked online at HP's site to see what my max RAM could be but it said for windows 8 computers, that info was not available. I would assume I can handle more on this computer as it is a 64-bit. Also, one of my main concerns is that if I buy more RAM to replace my current supply that is indeed compatible with my computer, what if the card is too big or too small to fit in?

If there is any other information needed, I'll be glad to supply it! Thanks!

wee eddie 20:53 27 Dec 2014

Visit Crucial's site and run their Check. Buy from them. You can find it cheaper elsewhere but it rarely come's with as good a warranty

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?