upgrading my dell

charles60 16:15 03 Apr 2011

Hi my dell 1525 is fairly budget model and so far only upgraded the memory and the OS i also want to upgrade the battery as well ( at the mo got a 6 cell lasts about 2hrs ) need one to give me more battery time .and of course better hard drive If i go the SSD route are they fairly easy to install on my computer as it is a fairy budget model and fitting this SSD hard Drive would it be like a steam hammer to crack a walnut!. What I am trying to say is I am trying to upgrade my laptop on the not to cheapOr shall I sell it and save for more powerful one . I don't play games just internet, music e mail, web browsing and using the laptop in conjunction with my hard drive music on my costs loads of money Linn HI FI so will my Dell be Ok for what I want to use it for just spend a few £ to get it to go a bit faster. One more thing can you recomened a more powerful battery so I can get a bit more than 2 hrs . Thanks for any advice

bremner 16:26 03 Apr 2011

My view is an SSD will not be a VFM upgrade. You will struggle to notice a difference.

Jameslayer 16:33 03 Apr 2011

whats vfm

Jameslayer 16:33 03 Apr 2011

value for money?

bremner 17:47 03 Apr 2011

It's a very common acronym

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?