upgrading mobo and cpu

ding dong dave 19:22 11 May 2007

hi all.
i shall be upgrading my mobo and cpu over the weekend. my new mobo is a ASROCK 775i65G and my cpu is a PENTIUM D 925. SOCKET 775. DUAL CORE. 800FSB. 2X 3.0GHz. 4MB CACHE. my question is am i going to expereience any trouble running XP and any other software. do i need to do anything as it is a dual core.
all help appreciated..
dave

Totally-braindead 19:30 11 May 2007

No and no is the answer. As long as the board you have chosen supports that processor and the ASROCK website will tell you that theres no issues, you just install and setup as normal, no special things to do.
Do however make sure your power supply is up to it especially if you're using a good graphics card.
I presume you are doing a fresh install and not just plugging the hard drive in with all the old drivers etc?

ding dong dave 19:33 11 May 2007

thanks totally braindead, i wasn't going to do a fresh install , but think i will now. thanks for the help.

Totally-braindead 19:38 11 May 2007

ding dong dave haven't done it myself as I prefer a clean install but many others have done it just by swapping the hard drive over and installing the new drivers.

Totally-braindead 19:39 11 May 2007

Oh if you do a clean install back up what you can and write down email addresses etc or print out your address book from outlook express or whatever you use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?