Upgrade/Downgrade PSP

Inx 12:21 27 Dec 2005

There Are Programs All Over The Web Which Tell Us Are Save To Use.

I Have been searching for a site to tell me how to downgrade my PSP safetly

And Also How To Upgrade Again To My Previous version.

Does Anyone Have Any Ideas Of Sites That Will Give Me Safe Advice?

Inx 12:29 27 Dec 2005

I Know Its kinda off the subject of pc problem but my brother has version 1.51 of the psp and i have version 2.01 and i was wonderding if theres a safe way for him to upgrade to my version or me to downgrade to his.

Its Just for the sake of knowing really and also incase he wanted to upgrade.

Inx 13:43 27 Dec 2005

no responses?

Freddog™ 13:45 27 Dec 2005

I have no idea.

There's a response.

powerless 14:19 27 Dec 2005

You do risk the chance of 'bricking' your PSP if you downgrade the firmware.

That's why I haven't done it!

If you do want to do it then be aware that there are so called downgraders that 'brick' your PSP. So try and find one that you are certain is actally a downgrader and not something malicious. click here

Updgrading and downgrading is a waste of time if you ask me. However their are so called 'loaders' that can mask the PSP's firmware. Firmware 1.5 is the one that you can homebrew games, apps on without any problems.

Firmware 2.0 is where Sony sealed all the gaps that prevented homebrew from running. But it was soon history as you can now get loaders that will allow homebrew to run on PSP's with Firmware 2.0.

Anywho click here and you'll find such things [not malicious of course].

Inx 19:01 27 Dec 2005

thank you.

but what is homebrew?

Inx 19:12 27 Dec 2005

I found the video very disturbing since i saw a guide to this on the internet which i almost considered doing.

thank you very much for notifying me on this matter, you just saved me risking braking my PSP.

powerless 19:19 27 Dec 2005

Homebrew is a term [for software] where people create emulators so you can run old games [for other hardware] like the NES. Not just games, but you can also listen to the radio, play music and video that the PSP officially does not support.

Inx 19:32 27 Dec 2005

powerless i am currently new to the PSP at the moment since i have just got it for christmas.

if its ok with you id like to ask some quisions.

the internet web browser only works with a wireless conncection nearby.
how much isit to buy one of these?

you mentioned the radio on PSP above. Someine told me the psp can access the radio but i couldnt seem to find anything about the radio on my PSP or PSP guide Book?

Im Currently Using the P2P Program Bearshare And Of Course Only Download Things that Are Not Copyrighted. But I Searched For PSP and Found it was possible to download some of the PSP games.
If i was to download and place it on my 1G mem Stick Would I Be Able To Play it? (ISO File)

Inx 19:33 27 Dec 2005

And I would Also Like to know how to place video clips onto my PSP.

I have folowed some guides that informed me it only accpets MPEG-4 videos. Is this true?

and if so how would i convert my videos to
MPEG-4 and were would i place the file on my mem stick?

powerless 20:14 27 Dec 2005

*the internet web browser only works with a wireless conncection nearby.
how much isit to buy one of these?*

Depends on your current ISP is it Cable or ADSL?

*you mentioned the radio on PSP above. Someine told me the psp can access the radio but i couldnt seem to find anything about the radio on my PSP or PSP guide Book?*

Not on the PSP by Sony and only through using Homebrew.

*If i was to download and place it on my 1G mem Stick Would I Be Able To Play it? (ISO File)*

No, as the firware prevents that. But it can be done with Firmware 1.5.

*and if so how would i convert my videos to
MPEG-4 and were would i place the file on my mem stick?*

You'll need to convert them to the correct format, which is mp4.

click here and this will do that and it will also copy them to the PSP.

For some reason Sony requires all videos to be placed in a folder named: MP_ROOT this has to be next to the PSP folder on the memory stick.

The video files in the MP_ROOT have to be named: MV4XXXXX.mp4 You can change the XXXXX to whatever you like.

PSP Video 9 will do all this for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?