Upgrade to SP2

iscanut 09:51 09 Jul 2006

I am going to have to take the plunge and upgrade to SP2 via the update site ( 74Mb upgrade for my system). Can anyone tell me if the latest download from MSoft will include all security patches to date for SP2 or will I be faced with a further download of numerous patches when I go into update again after installation.

johnnyrocker 09:59 09 Jul 2006

you may well have to reboot a few times as some files can not be installed without others present on the system first etc, download it and during the process you will be prompted to do whatever is needed,

johnny.

wee eddie 14:30 09 Jul 2006

Well £6.00 actually, they will send you a copy of SP2, which contains all the Updates to that point.

There have, of course, been many since.

Your PC will not be very secure without SP2.

iscanut 17:19 09 Jul 2006

I have a CD but this is about 4 months old ! I am told that the download file is the best way as it will only update the files needed on the particular pc. I had hoped that the Windows Update file will have been regularly updated with all current Hotfixes.

skidzy 17:28 09 Jul 2006

Nuts....Do you have a broadband connection ? if so 74mb will not take so long.
I would advise to download it,like Jonnyrocker says...you may be prompted for a couple of reboots.At least you will secure your system immediately...then i would get a copy of sp2,so you have it handy incase of any recovery installations.
Hope this helps

iscanut 12:00 10 Jul 2006

Thanks for response. I have broadband so 70+ MB will only take a few minutes. I will just have to subsequently log on to Win Update and see what I have to download to bring it up to date !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?