Upgrade router?

andywolve 20:13 18 Mar 2008

Hello, Im hoping that you would be able to help.

I have a belkin 54g router (F5D- 7632), however this was suitable when I first got it, however since then my network has grown, with additional extras such as a NAS attached with people constantly streaming data off it, and people playing online all wirelessly.

I have noticed a considerable decline of speed - is there a wireless router which will be able to support this with no hic ups? As you may understand watching a movie and it keeps stopping is quite annoying. lol

What router would you recommend i perfer belkin but open to suggestions

Cheers
andywolve

Dipso 20:48 18 Mar 2008

I have a Netgear DG834N click here and although it doesn't get a hammering like your does, it streams movies/media without a hiccup.

If you prefer Belkin the new all singing all dancing N1 is worth checking out click here

andywolve 13:41 23 Mar 2008

thank you - i will enquire about the n1,

I have a additional question - I am on AOL and since joining them I have never been able to go onto Belkin's website - does any one else have the same problem, I have tried pinging it, going on it on other computers and no such luck....

Dipso 22:03 23 Mar 2008

Could be an MTU issue. What does click here report your MTU as go to Broadband > Broadband Tools > Tcp/IP Analyzer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone