upgrade pc

alendon20 12:00 07 Dec 2013
Answered

Hi here is my pc configuration .. I want to upgrade my pc can you suggest me a better configuration :- I use pc for watching HD 1080P movies and listening music and some games like vice city My email id : [email protected]

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit CPU -Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 2.80GHz 35 °C Wolfdale 45nm Technology RAM - 4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (6-6-6-18) Motherboard - Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. G41M-Combo (Socket 775) Graphics - W1941 ([email protected]) Intel G41 Express Chipset (Gigabyte) Storage - 465GB Seagate ST3500413AS ATA Device (SATA) 30 °C Optical Drives - TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222BB ATA Device Audio - High Definition Audio Device & SB Audigy

Thanking you in advance

Alen

Jollyjohn 13:55 07 Dec 2013
Answer

If I have read your specs. correctly you are using on board graphics? If so I would add a graphics card to this set up.

Any further upgrades will require new motherboard, cpu, probably RAM to DDR3 but you are limited to only using about 3.5GB of the installed RAM as you are running a 32bit OS.

alendon20 16:20 08 Dec 2013

thanks for the quick reply ,,,,,

pls suggest me one good graphic cards as very new to pc and hardware ....

I will get new mother board plz send me good configuration pls...

i brougt this motherboard 6 month ago , i did know much so i messed up as my 5.1 not working , only 2 speakers working .

So i want to change ... your help will highly help full.

god bless all of us !!!!

thanks alen

Jollyjohn 17:30 08 Dec 2013

Hi

Go here click here download the manual for your motherboard if needed. This will help you sort out your audio problem.

Your motherboard is adequate for what you use your pc for. Adding a PCIe Graphics card will take the load off the cpu and free up some RAM.

Google pcie gfx cards and look at the eBuyer results.

and

alendon20 05:31 09 Dec 2013

Hi thanks again for response ...

Sorry to trouble u again can you suggest me any one PCIe Graphics card plz

i googled but i dont know which one is best according to my montherbord .

I will be highly oblige to U.

Thanks

Alen

Jollyjohn 11:06 10 Dec 2013

Any PCIe card will fit - check the connector to your monitor. Is it vga, dvi or hdmi - this is the deciding factor.

alendon20 05:30 11 Dec 2013

Thank you !!!!!!! very much dear ...

wee eddie 11:23 11 Dec 2013

The Graphics Card you buy will be dictated by the size of your budget. As Jollyjohn inferred, the connection required, for your Monitor, will be a deciding factor, but most cards offer several alternatives.

Unless you are planning to take Gaming to a much higher level, a budget of between £60 and £100 should fit the bill.

I would suggest looking through the Reviews and looking for one that majors on low noise and low power consumption. Some power hungry cards require more power than a PCI Slot can provide and will need either 1 or 2 extra power sources.

Doubling your RAM could be advantageous. Use the Crucial site and buy from them

alendon20 04:44 18 Dec 2013

Thank you all for your suggestions !!

i am going to buy Sapphire HD 6450 .

is it enough for playing HD movies 1080P & games !!

Alen

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?