upgrade or custom build, advice needed

wilson1978 13:32 26 Jan 2008

i have been using a pc for a while now and have decided its time for something better. i have become interested in building a computer for my self but i thourght as a beginner it would be better to upgrade the one i have to start with, but i could do with some advice.
i have a very basic pc at present, hp pavilion a708 uk with intel celeron d 330, 80 gb HD, sis real256 graphics. i would like to overhaul the lot. i want to play good modern games,heavy office use,store music and general internet usage. is my mother board suitable for good upgrades? i suspect it is not so i need one that will take my current components but have plenty of scope for upgrades as i want to do it gradually due to cash flow. i would appreciate any advice as i am keen to learn.

Totally-braindead 13:38 26 Jan 2008

Don't post multiple threads on the same subject. I answered on this click here please tick this as resolved and stick to the other one. It just confuses people when theres more than one thread about the same thing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?