upgrade help

raggy 2 16:23 02 Sep 2008

i am looking to buy a new PC and only want it for video and photo editing ( we have 2 other PC's for the usual stuff)please can someone advise me as to any PC's that would be good just for this and if anyone that does photo/video editing has a good PC please can they give me their opinion on their system etc etc.
My budget is £550, just for the system

chub_tor 17:45 02 Sep 2008

This article click here might help you decide which components are required for a good video editing PC.

Pineman100 18:05 02 Sep 2008

chub-tor's article is useful, but I suggest that it's a bit out-of-date in its suggested RAM specification.

If you're going to be video editing on a PC running Vista, I wouldn't consider anything with less than 2GB of RAM - more if you can afford it.

If you're going to be storing considerable amounts of video, too, you'll need the biggest hard drive you can afford.

The good news is that ordinary photo editing won't be nearly as demanding, so if your machine is specified for video, it'll handle photo editing with no problems.

raggy 2 07:59 03 Sep 2008

thanks guys

Pineman100 16:16 07 Sep 2008

If you're happy that your question has been answered, please tick and click "Resolved" at the bottom.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?