Upgrade fropm radeon X600 Pro-4 ?

1248fixx 21:11 13 Oct 2008

My Pc is now almost 4 years old (SCALEO P Pentium 4 3.4 Ghz ). I've added along the way a 2nd HD of 320 GB, and a Gig of RAM making 2 Gb in all, and a Hi-Speed USB card. I don't play games at all, but the PC has been behaving erratically lately in that a new 'noise' has been eminating from what I found on closer inspection was the graphics cards' fan. Also, on occasion in the past few days, the PC will 'freeze' completely, and a manual re-boot being the only answer.Trouble is, it won't always reboot.It gets to the XP front screen with the moving blue dots etc and 'hangs' like that. Is the problem the graphics card? I've got Kaspersky AV and it's not found anything serious, so I'm at a naive loss! can anyone help?, and if it IS the graphics card can an upgrade be recommended please by someone? Cheers. Ian

citadel 21:51 13 Oct 2008

clean any dust from the graphics card fan and cpu fan, remember to take anii static precautions, if that dosent work try another psu, the pc probably has a cheap one that is coming to the end of it's days.

1248fixx 23:14 13 Oct 2008

Thanks citadel, but 'PSU'?, is that Power Supply Unit'?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?