Upgrade Advisor Windows 7

Cesar 10:59 11 May 2009

I have used Upgrade Advisor to check if my computer is ready for Windows 7 and according to the results there are two problems one with AOL and the other with Microsoft Office 2007 perhaps other users would like to check their Computers.

birdface 11:53 11 May 2009

This is the one.6.3Mb download.

click here

Worth a try i suppose but i don't think my old Pc would be up to it.

Cesar 11:57 11 May 2009

That is the one I used

Graphicool1 13:28 11 May 2009

I just ran the test on my OS using your link Buteman. I was very pleasantly surprised at the outcome. I thought that my PC being over 6 years old, would most definitely flunk the test. However it passed, with flying colours accept for one piece of hardware - only installed last year! - the Belkin USB Wireless Adaptor. It needs the drivers updating.

I don't know if I will make the change to Win7 as I'm more than happy with WinXP. But it's nice to know that at least I have the choice. There's still life in the old rig.

birdface 13:39 11 May 2009

Nice to know.I have heard some good reports about it.I have an external hard drive that I never use can I download Windows7 to that if it is compatible.My DVD Drive has packed up so I cant use that.

birdface 13:56 11 May 2009

Decided to give it a try to see what problems it found.

Upgrade Backup system first You'll need to perform a custom installation of Windows 7 and then reinstall your programs. Make sure to back up your files before you begin. Go online to get important information about installing Windows 7.
Windows Aero Not capable Your current graphics adapter won't support the Windows Aero user interface. Contact your PC manufacturer or retailer to see if an upgrade is .

It also said don't be so tight and go and buy a new computer.
So will leave it till next year when the full version comes out.

Graphicool1 13:58 11 May 2009

Have you not checked your PC with that software? It tells you to switch everything on before running the test. I too have an external HDD WD 80GB. After I ran the test, it that the external HDD also passed. I realise that this isn't actually answering your question.

Everything isn't quite as Rosie as I thought though. For it went on to say that to install Win7 I would have to do it manually, then reinstall all my programmes. Having only recently done a clean install of WinXP. Reinstalling the quantity of programmes I have isn't a task I would want to undertake too often.

Graphicool1 14:02 11 May 2009

After I finished typing I saw your post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017