Upgrade to 8Mb With Tiscali

Press Man 10:33 02 Nov 2006

Hi Guys,

Currently on 2Mb unlimited with Tiscali. Have been waiting for the notification of availability for months. Tried Tiscali forums and web site to find out when, but nobody seems to be able or indeed willing to say when 8Mb will be available in Wantage (Oxfordshire). Has anyone got info or connections to anyone that may shed some light on the matter?
Thanks in advance.

johnnyrocker 10:40 02 Nov 2006

click here and you may be able to find something of help?

johnny.

Press Man 10:59 02 Nov 2006

johnnyrocker,

Thanks for the link, did not see anything regarding Tiscali 8Mb or when. Thanks anyway.

johnnyrocker 11:01 02 Nov 2006

check your exchange in the llu enabling list?

johnny.

Press Man 11:31 02 Nov 2006

Where do I find the llu enabling list?

jack 11:45 02 Nov 2006

Dont be misled by the 8Mb promise

It is UP TO 8Mb

you may not get 8 or even 6 or 4 at busy times
So I am told.

Whereas 2mb is fairly constant

Press Man 11:58 02 Nov 2006

I understand your reply jack.

Just trying to get information on "when" or "if at all" 8Mb will be available. What is more misleading is Tiscali's comments and statements on the "coming of MAX".

pookie 13:13 02 Nov 2006

I had the same issue - was waiting for ages for them to confirm when 8mb available to me. I emailed their support and they said the go the the 'upgrade your exisiting package' section. See what packages come up. If 8Mb max does not come up click on 'other options' (may be other packages). Select 'max' and upgarde. It worked for me.

For info my line only supports 3Mb.

P

Press Man 13:23 02 Nov 2006

pookie,

Sorry to read that you had the same issue. Have tried your suggestion but "MAX" does not appear. According to tests my line should support 5.5Mb?

rômanab 14:42 02 Nov 2006

You can check here click here? to see whether your exchange has been Max DSL enabled.

Stuartli 14:45 02 Nov 2006

One of the most accurate is:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?