Updating website from abroad.

heronsbridgeA8 17:34 22 Jan 2008

Off to do some volunteer work in Thailand. Due to flight delays I have a week to spare. I have set up a blog but it has limitations on having different pages for the different projects we will be involved in. SO, thought I would set up a website. What do I look for in a host company? Will I be able to update the site from Thailand? I will have access to the original files and the internet when there.Is there anything else I should think about? All help greatly appreciated!!!

Many thanks
Andrew

Forum Editor 18:09 22 Jan 2008

depends on what you want. If you are planning to run a busy e-commerce site you'll be looking for a professional hosting company with an excellent up-time guarantee. If your site goes offline every five minutes you'll never get anywhere. Some hosts provide so many facilities and so much software that you might never want anything else.

On the other hand, if you simply plan to publish a personal 'vanity' site you can get away with a cheaper, less well configured hosting package.

The best advice is to take a look at some of the bigger, better know hosting companies like 1&1 and Heartinternet. Browse the various package options, and make a decision.

You'll be able to access your server space from anywhere in the world, provided you have access to a local copy of the site files on your machine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?