Updating Office 2000 when you have Vista

Nick052 19:09 13 Aug 2007

Hi,

On my XP machine I was able to use the Office Update tool to download Office 2000 updates. However, Microsoft don't allow you to do this with Windows Vista (for some reason), so I have to download them manually.

My question is - as there are 2 pages of updates I could download, do I have any way of identifying the ones I need?

I know that Office 2000 service packs are not cumulative, so I have to install each one.

This is such a pain, as I will never know if I have installed them correctly as they will always appear in the "Manual Download" list!, unlike when I could use the Office update tool!

And the new Microsoft "Windows Update" thing doesn't pick the updates up either!

thetallguy 11:36 14 Aug 2007

No I don't think there is. Im on XP so I dont have that problem but I have had to do it manually in the past and have just installed them all and hoped for the best. If you wanted to get Office Update to work again you could try using Mozilla Firefox - click here with the IE Tab Add on - click here which will mean that you can use Firefox to display the webpage as it would be displayed in IE on XP. I have used this and it means that i can use Windows Update/Office Update through Firefox.

thetallguy 11:36 14 Aug 2007

No I don't think there is. Im on XP so I dont have that problem but I have had to do it manually in the past and have just installed them all and hoped for the best. If you wanted to get Office Update to work again you could try using Mozilla Firefox - click here with the IE Tab Add on - click here which will mean that you can use Firefox to display the webpage as it would be displayed in IE on XP. I have used this and it means that i can use Windows Update/Office Update through Firefox.

Nick052 09:54 01 Sep 2007

Thanks - recently installed them all manually. Doubt there'll be any new ones from now on, as the latest one is Oct 06.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?