Updating Office 2000

JohnC123 14:19 01 Mar 2004

I have downloaded the latest Office 2000 update from Microsoft - (Office 2000 service pack 3.) Whenever I try to install it - it gets so far and then asks for the Disk, which I have. Next it says it can't find DATA1.MS1 although I know it's on the disk and also on my Hard Drive. The update is then aborted. I have read through loads of technical jargon on the Microsoft Help site - to no avail - Has anyone experienced similar problems with their updates and if so - how are they overcome.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
John

MichelleC 15:18 01 Mar 2004

Have you tried the 'repair' option 1st.

JohnC123 22:59 01 Mar 2004

Where do I find the "repair" option ?

VoG II 23:03 01 Mar 2004

Help/Detect and Repair in any Office application.

Muckle 23:12 01 Mar 2004

I have known this happen when discs have been mixed up - is it definately the original insallation disc?

JohnC123 08:20 02 Mar 2004

Hello Muckle - Yes -it is the disc from which it was originally installed

Muckle 00:21 05 Mar 2004

When you are told that data1.msi can't be found is there an option to browse for it? and if so have you pointed the program in the right direction? Sometimes the installation of a new drive (and the change of drive letter) can cause issues.

JohnC123 21:46 05 Mar 2004

Muckle :- Yes there is an option to browse for it and so far I haven't found the right one - I can find DATA1 but always it tells me its not an installer. I have just upgraded from Windows ME to Windows XP Pro - this may be part of the problem ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?