updating nvidia drivers

steve0 23:23 14 Jan 2003
  steve0 23:23 14 Jan 2003

Could any one help me with the correct method for updating graphic drivers - I am currently running the detonator 29.8 win xp drivers for my gforce 4200 card and have downloaded the latest Microsoft cirtified ones. When I click setup it says I have some drivers already installed and do I want to remove these first. How do I do this - do I go to add and remove programs then shut down or can I do this and then just install the new drivers. Also I am running expert tools 3 and have downloaded the newer version 3.02. Do I have to remove the old one before installing the new version.

Thanks - I don't want to mess this up as I tried updating a while ago with 40.02 drivers and the Gainward display tab in display properties gave an error message and I had to reinstall the old drivers and tools from the CD

BBez 23:29 14 Jan 2003

remove them from add/remove programs, reboot then install the new ones

Thin White Duke 23:58 14 Jan 2003

You MUST remove any old GFX card drivers before installing new ones.

Control Panel > Add Remove Programs > Click on the '+' under display and then 'uninstall'.

You'll then need to re-boot and once you're booted up again install the latest detenator drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

Political cartoons in 2017: Chris Riddell, Rebecca Hendin and Dave Brown on what it’s like to…

The best iPhone for 2017

Tennis : comment regarder la finale de la Coupe Davis 2017 ?