Updating memory stick

Molly_Don 18:07 14 Dec 2008

I have a 4gb memory stick which has some information on (folders & files)

I've updated the folders within "my documents" how do I update the memory stick now?

do i have to delete everything off it, then reload it? I got no idea really!!

can someone give me some advice please?

oldbeefer2 18:37 14 Dec 2008

To be safe (assuming there's room on the stick) I would save the updated files to the stick (with a different name) then, having made sure they will open OK, delete the old from the stick. Belt and braces, but one never knows!

brundle 20:43 14 Dec 2008

You mean, synchronize them? click here

tullie 21:18 14 Dec 2008

Just add to whatevers on it.

Molly_Don 23:29 14 Dec 2008

It's a bit confusing for me, when i insert the memory stick, it comes up on J drive in my computer.

Do I right click on the folder in my documents and send it to J drive?

Totally-braindead 00:20 15 Dec 2008

.Basically yes. Or you can open 2 windows, one fot the J drive and one for wherever you have the files you want to move across EG My Documents or whatever and you can either copy and paste each file across or drag and drop them.

Theres quite a few ways to do it and theres no one way thats better than another - in my opinion at least. When I've benn showing someone how to do this I show them the various ways of doing it, get them to try each one and make their own mind up as to which method suits them.

If you want to delete anything on your j drive you just right click on whatever you want to delete and go down to delete and left click on that.

tullie 00:21 15 Dec 2008

If its your stick,yes,if your unsure double click it to see contents.

Molly_Don 14:34 15 Dec 2008

Done it, thanks to you all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?