Updating Hardware Information Database

Cumano 18:05 25 Aug 2003

I have tried to install two Plug & Play devices to my computer, but when the UHID dialogue window opens I have waited over halfhour for a response to show in the progress bar. I have gone into Task Manager and found that UHID is not responding. I have also tried to get Driver Updates via Device Manager and the same thing happens. I have contacted Microsoft Support and after almost two hours help all I have achieved is an apology that they cannot help me. My computer details are, Pentium III 550Mhz, 128Mb RAM,Windows ME OS, 16Gb HDD. Can anyone help.

BinaryBen 18:15 25 Aug 2003

Most hardware comes with it's own drivers and an install program. Try using that instead.

rev.bem 18:27 25 Aug 2003

This might help.

click here

Cumano 10:52 28 Aug 2003

The hardware that I have tried to install do not have any discs. Thank for your response, Cumano.

Cumano 11:07 28 Aug 2003

I have followed your advice and used the link you provided. Hopefully by following the instructions from Microsoft Knowledge Base I can get rid of the 32,000+ oem*.inf files from my computer. Thank you for your response to my request for help. Cumano

Cumano 12:57 12 Sep 2003

Your help was successful, Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?