updating graphics driver

dolerman 01:58 09 Feb 2007

i have just run the vista advisor tool on my pc.it says my pc is okto run the system.but i will need to upgrade my graphics driver.would i need to do this before or after installing vista?.

Jimmy14 02:14 09 Feb 2007

What graphics card do you have?

iscanut 07:54 09 Feb 2007

If all you need is a driver update ( rather than more powerful graphics card ) then why not update now, even if you will not upgrade to Vista. Will not cause any problems and is good housekeeping anyway.

dolerman 10:46 09 Feb 2007

my graphics card is a radeion x300.idont play games on my pc so seems ok.i looked on the ati website.and i noticed there is a vista driver for my card.should i download this driver now?.or wait till i have upgraded to vista.i like the sound of the home premium.

anskyber 11:24 09 Feb 2007

I updated the drivers on my PC which were XP and vista compliant, you will need to see if the drivers work for both OSs. If not then it will have to be afterwards.

Did the upgrade advisor say you will need to do it or it would be done automatically? The advisor said for me that my TV card would need updating (by me) but in fact when Vista is installed it goes online as part of the process and downloads available drivers so in the end my TV card was updated automatically.

anskyber 11:32 09 Feb 2007

I have had a quick look at the ATi web site and it looks as if the driver and the associated software are different for XP and Vista, see the XP release notes. click here

Jimmy14 13:12 09 Feb 2007

Wait to you get Vista and If you do go back to the ATI website and download the Vista Driver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017