Updating font of Table of contents

collinsc 12:59 16 Feb 2010

Hi

I would like to update the font of text within Table of contents of a word document. If I right click select and change font then it will change, but next time I ‘update entire table’ it will clear and go back to a different font style, which is less than ideal.

I’m not sure if this has something to do with the way the table was set up initially?

Any ideas on how to resolve?

Thanks

howard64 14:41 16 Feb 2010

open the document then highlight the text you want to change the font of. Change to the one you want and then go to file save as and give this file a new name. Close word then restart and open the new named file this should be as you saved it.

collinsc 14:55 16 Feb 2010

ta - afraid it does not work, next time you update the table of contents it goes back to the old format...

Sea Urchin 15:02 16 Feb 2010

Any help?

click here

skeletal 15:06 16 Feb 2010

You have to change the STYLES used in the table of contents; so you need to open up the style editor. How you get there is different for different version of Word

click here

gives you some detail for Word 2007.

Skeletal

collinsc 16:29 16 Feb 2010

thanks ill try it tomorrow when back in work, cheers

collinsc 14:09 17 Feb 2010

Thanks for responses.
Can someone please advise how i change a 'headings' format? i.e. my stndard headings format is bold, i want to change all Heading level 1s to not bold.

thanks!

skeletal 14:32 17 Feb 2010

Have you found the place where you can edit styles?

If so, you change the “Heading 1” style in the same way as the “TOC” style. You would deselect the “Bold” option.

Skeletal

collinsc 17:53 17 Feb 2010

ok, thanks very much,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache