Updating drivers?

TommyRed 23:57 13 Nov 2003

I've tried only once to load an audio driver, without success. Is there a program that will tell me what updated drivers I need or will I just have to visit the sites to find out? I have no discs with my PC as it was given to me like that, but I do have 'Belarc Advisor' which identifies the bits I'd need drivers for. TR

hugh-265156 00:06 14 Nov 2003

aida32 click here any version

click computer/summary

any hardware highlighted in blue will be a link to the manufacturers website,hover the mouse over it and it should give you a link for drivers.

Spencus 01:17 14 Nov 2003

When you find your sound card site,look for upgrade instructions as well, some cards have to be installed in a certain sequence to run

toni b 01:45 14 Nov 2003

There was a programme on one of the covers disc recently called drivermagic, it has free 30 day trial and it might be what you need,but always check that the driver they suggest is not older than the driver you already have . I belive this was the one click here

hugh-265156 01:53 14 Nov 2003

click here too

click the member login link and use the

"drivers" for the login

and "all" for the password

click "simple search" on the left and look for drivers

TommyRed 12:21 14 Nov 2003

Tried aida32, but I know I have a SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio driver which I either want to replace or upgrade, as it crackles. This driver is not shown at all on the computer/summary. It is shown on one of the reports I did, any ideas why?

toni b

That seems to be what I'm looking for, are they the drivers they recommend on the right of the table.
Cheers TR

hugh-265156 14:20 14 Nov 2003

maybe because its an onboard device.not sure.

click here might help

hugh-265156 14:22 14 Nov 2003

login using

drivers

all

and you should see the page of soundmax drivers

TommyRed 16:11 14 Nov 2003

Can you give me a link to the page of SoundMAX drivers, I can't find it. The one I did find didn't have a link to download it after I eventually got there, there were a few angry comments posted, not just by me. I always seem to have trouble with this driver, can't understand why.

Cheers TR

Tick Tock 17:26 14 Nov 2003

TommyRed i have the same problems with
this driver cannot find a update for version
5.00.2229 ones i have tried dont work.

hugh-265156 17:31 14 Nov 2003

make a shorter link problem i think

try

click here

drivers

all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires