Updating Advanced System Care

Woodlane 14:22 15 Mar 2010

I have Advanced System Care (Free) on my computer and have used it a number of times. I keep being told that I can download an update for it. I do so and get a message saying thank you for doing so but next time I start up my computer back comes the same message. I have gone through the process a number of times and have now given up. Why does the download not work when it appears to have gone properly and I am told it has as well?

rawprawn 15:28 15 Mar 2010

Try turning your firewall OFF before you update.

sunnystaines 16:40 15 Mar 2010

have you got the latest build ver 3.5.0.

as you problem was a bug about a year ago.

if you have the latest version, delete and instal a fresh download

Woodlane 17:14 15 Mar 2010

I have version 3.4.1 which will be why I keep being asked to update it. I think that uninstalling and reinstalling may be the way forward as suggested.

sunnystaines 21:16 15 Mar 2010

let us know if that solves the problem

Woodlane 21:29 15 Mar 2010

I uninstalled and then reinstalled the latest version (or at least it was supposed to be) but it turned out to be the same version that I had before and subsequent efforts to down load the latest version as invited have failed as before. I don't think it is worth pursuing the matter further as I have other systems in place which perform similar functions.

Input Overload 22:54 15 Mar 2010

Try it from here click here

Woodlane 09:14 16 Mar 2010

Thank you for the suggestion but that is where I have been many times and when I do it I am thanked for downloading the update. But then is hasn't happened after all.

sunnystaines 13:29 16 Mar 2010

goto windows explorer and delete the iobit folder before download and reinstall, the install may be picking up old settings.

Woodlane 14:39 16 Mar 2010

Thanks again. I seem to have spent so much time on this relatively unimportant issue that I won't have another try just now but will in a few days. The version I have seems to be OK so the update, if and when I manage to capture it, had better be worth it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017