Updating

Sconny 03:29 21 Oct 2009

I have a ACPIx86, what would be a good upgrade from that.......

ambra4 05:37 21 Oct 2009

ā€œI have a ACPIx86ā€

What is a ACPIx86?

A Computer, Display Card, Motherboard etc it would help if you give more information as we are searching in the dark

Sconny 20:56 23 Oct 2009

Adding my update.
Processor..........Intel(R)D CPU 3.00ghz
.Ram...............3gb
32 bit OS
ACPIx86 based PC.

I'm wondering if a new Motherboard might help, as saving some photos at times can be a bit slow. I have just upgraded my ram it didn't help.

Quiet Life 21:53 23 Oct 2009

ACPIX86 is just the type of computer. Download the free siw at click here it will give full details of mobo.
Your mobo might be OK.

woodchip 22:01 23 Oct 2009

ACPIx86 nothing to do with the type of computer it Power Management ACPIx86

woodchip 22:03 23 Oct 2009

you can Update ASPI

Quiet Life 13:01 24 Oct 2009

woodchip
In the context of Sconny's request I would disagree that ACPIX86 is not a type of PC.
It seemed irrelevant to go into detail on this point.

x86 is a computer system that is based on Intel's x86 family of CPUs,
ACPI or Advanced Configuration and Power Interface, is a specification that defines recognition for hardware, motherboards and other devices.
Hence "type"
I caanot see that "you can Update ASPI" has any significance to Sconny's posting.

woodchip 15:44 24 Oct 2009

I caanot see that "you can Update ASPI" has any significance to Sconny's posting.
me neither. But it can be done, she asked can she update it

Quiet Life 19:37 24 Oct 2009

Sconny
You PC must be about three years old. I have the same processor and it is still pretty fast.
If you had 1gb of ram and running XP then extra memory is hardly noticeable. I rather doubt if the mobo is the problem. It is more likely software related. Programs running in the background, register neding cleaned out and other clearing up needed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?