update open office

[email protected] 19:13 09 Oct 2008

hi, there's a new open office click here whenever there is my check for update feature reports error, im guessing because severs are busy?
2 questions, do i have to download the lot?
and do i have to un-install the previous?
thanks

cocteau48 19:19 09 Oct 2008

Installation of Open Office 3 will auto/uninstall previous versions during the install if you want it to.
I presume the custom install function would allow you to choose whether you want the full package or not .... I've only ever installed the lot myself.

[email protected] 19:20 09 Oct 2008

ok just wondered, thanks.

cocteau48 19:22 09 Oct 2008

.... to be more precise ... yes you do have to "download" the lot but you can choose what bits to install thereafter.

[email protected] 19:26 09 Oct 2008

im downloading it now and will let it do it's thing. i had this with the last version, basically when there is an up date the update checker stops working!

[email protected] 19:35 09 Oct 2008

yes it has a 'remove older version' check box pre-ticked.
thanks again.

bretsky 10:27 18 Oct 2008

Hi all, decided to take the plunge last night and upgrade to version 3 from 2.4.1. Download to desktop took about 10 minutes and installation took another 10 minutes, absolutely seamless, all templates, accessories, a My Templates folder-with customisations in it, labels and modern templates for the Presentation program aka Impress, have gone over, all 120Mbs of them. For further info and issues

click here

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017