update open office

hi, there's a new open office click here whenever there is my check for update feature reports error, im guessing because severs are busy?
2 questions, do i have to download the lot?
and do i have to un-install the previous?
thanks

cocteau48 19:19 09 Oct 2008

Installation of Open Office 3 will auto/uninstall previous versions during the install if you want it to.
I presume the custom install function would allow you to choose whether you want the full package or not .... I've only ever installed the lot myself.

ok just wondered, thanks.

cocteau48 19:22 09 Oct 2008

.... to be more precise ... yes you do have to "download" the lot but you can choose what bits to install thereafter.

im downloading it now and will let it do it's thing. i had this with the last version, basically when there is an up date the update checker stops working!

yes it has a 'remove older version' check box pre-ticked.
thanks again.

bretsky 10:27 18 Oct 2008

Hi all, decided to take the plunge last night and upgrade to version 3 from 2.4.1. Download to desktop took about 10 minutes and installation took another 10 minutes, absolutely seamless, all templates, accessories, a My Templates folder-with customisations in it, labels and modern templates for the Presentation program aka Impress, have gone over, all 120Mbs of them. For further info and issues

click here

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie