Update KB2416470 keeps failing to install itself

Damarc 09:40 26 Oct 2010

Though the system readiness tool for Vista KB947821 was successfully installed prior to all these failures since 18th Oct. This is driving me barmy as my pc goes through the rigmarole of going through updating every time I switch on or off. What can I do about it please. It isn't listed as an installed update through Control panel 'programs installed'.

gengiscant 09:55 26 Oct 2010

Try downloading and installing from here:click here

birdface 12:00 26 Oct 2010

Is it listed in add remove and remember to tick show updates.
Run Windows update manually and when it shows double click it and a box will open underneath just tick do not show update again.
That will stop it trying to update all the time.
Lots on google with the same problem.

click here

Damarc 10:05 15 Nov 2010

Havebeen onto Microsoft and they directed me to download dotnetfx clean up to get rid of the .net framework components and then reinstall from downloads. This I did and it still doesn't install. So my question is. Is Microsoft.net framework absolutely essential to my system or can I just get rid of it again and not reinstall? They now want me to go down another route as they say the problem is due to"incorrect system settings or some corrupted system components". Don't know whether to believe them or not as it's happening to so many people.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?