update adobe flash?

Helen A 09:28 02 Jan 2015

Hi

When online every so often I get a message asking me to update my adobe flash player. The link is click here Not too sure if I should especiallt as I have already updated the flash player through adobe so no idea why this comes up. It also stops me working on that website.

Can anyone help?

Cheers H

Secret-Squirrel 09:57 02 Jan 2015

"...........Not too sure if I should especiallt as I have already updated the flash player....."

You're right to be cautious as the page in your click here is from a rogue site masquerading as the Adobe one with the intention of tricking you into installing malware.

As you're seeing this message frequently it would be a good idea to scan your PC with the free version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - you can get it from here. It's usually a very effective tool for removing pests. Note that at the end of the installation you should untick the option to start the free trial of the Premium (paid-for) version.

spuds 10:23 02 Jan 2015

I am getting these 'bogus' abode messages on a regular basis, so you are not alone in being very cautious on whether to use the link. Like Secret-Squirrel suggests, run an anti program to see if any 'nasties' might be lurking.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?