Unwanted web addresses

Mad Mick 09:31 29 Oct 2003

There was a recent thread about the problem that I have but I am unable to locate the answer to the thread. The problem is that I when I open the drop down list of home page addresses in Internet Options/General I have some unwanted addresses. Some I can delete by highlighting them and then pressing the delete button, others I can?t. How do I get rid of these addresses. They do not clear when I remove cookies or clear temporary internet files. They are of minor inconvenience but I am intrigued as to why some can be removed and others not.

Terrahawk 10:47 29 Oct 2003

try tools internet options clear history that will remove every thing from the adress bar

Mad Mick 10:51 29 Oct 2003

Terrahawk
I have already tried that without success. Thanks for taking the time and trouble to reply

VoG II 10:57 29 Oct 2003

Try click here

Back up your cookies first if you want to keep them - in IE File/Import and Export.

Jester2K II 11:00 29 Oct 2003

If that doesn't work try removing the Index.dat file with Supercleaner click here

Mad Mick 12:14 29 Oct 2003

Thanks Vog and Jester2K II tried both programmes but these are tenacious little beggars and wont lie down!

Mad Mick 14:04 29 Oct 2003

Now sorted. Clean up did the trick. Thanks both

WaiKent 14:16 29 Oct 2003

you could have also went to internet options and delete files and all offline content. this erases everything. i have tried it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone