Unwanted shutdown

Aziraphael 22:57 10 Apr 2007

Not trusting my girlfriend to delete her cookies etc I just tried to> Log out> switch users> selected her account>>>>>>I got a blue screen with some white writing which went away too fast to read what it said before my computer shut down and restarted.

Selected her user account and loggon on fine.....deleted cookies etc.....tried to switch to my account in same way, same thing happened.....

logged onto my account, tried to switch again...same again.....

The only thing that I can think that has changed about my computer in the last few days was a MS update that automatically installed itself today.

Any ideas?

Gongoozler 10:07 11 Apr 2007

Try preventing the computer from shutting down when it encounters an error (right click on "My Computer", select "Properties" - "Advanced" tab - Startup and Recovery "Settings" button. Remove the tick under System failure - Automatically restart. This will hopefully let you see the blue screen error message.

Aziraphael 10:16 11 Apr 2007

Just had 3x "Do you want to send error report to Microsoft" messages(10hrs after even) all at once.

Only this time for the first time in my experience it opened a web page and said that a driver I have installed on my computer caused a shut down. It said to keep sending error reports so their engineers can fix the problem.

Now I know for a fact that I haven't installed any drivers for months.

I suspect MS have casued the error and just like making me feel insignificant and stupid.

Anyway, they appear to be on the job so I'll wait and see what happens.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?