Unwanted Photogallery Installation Program

whirlwind147 18:10 09 Aug 2007

Hi there,

About six months ago I had the fatal blue screen error and had to format my hard drive and return everything back to factory settings. This all went smoothly except now that every single time I startup my PC and login (under any user) I get a PhotoGallery Installation Program coming up. I didn't have PhotoGallery on my PC before the blue screen error and I certainly don't want it now.
I can't even shut down the PC with this on the screen so I have to go to Task manager and end it there because every time I click the cancel button it restarts again. I have tried putting in my Windows XP disk to finish the installation, I have even tried looking in the Startup folder to see if there is a program I can get rid of but neither of these options work.
I was hoping that someone might be able to give me some pointers as to how to get rid of this annoying thing. I don't mind deleting stuff from the registry as I know how to do this if this is what it takes but I am stuck at a brick wall.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
whirlwind147

VoG II 18:14 09 Aug 2007

See if it shows up in msconfig - see click here

whirlwind147 18:30 09 Aug 2007

Thanks for the pointer VoG™. I have looked in the startup list in msconfig and I can't see what this program would be called, most of them just seem to be random letters and numbers. Any thoughts as to which one this might be?
Cheers

postie24 18:53 09 Aug 2007

Download winaso reg cleaner
click here
It has a program start up option which describes what the programs are,works the same as msconfig

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?