unwanted download

bigduvat 18:07 22 Oct 2009

I had downloaded a program and a program called "Registery Helper" also appeared. I have since uninstalled my original download but the registery helper icon is still on desktop and is on programs menu?-does anyone know how this can be uninstalled (my system is Windows Vista)

Taff™ 18:15 22 Oct 2009

It might be in add/remove programs or it might have an uninstaller in the all programs folder on the menu.

bigduvat 19:40 22 Oct 2009

no

smeetle 21:18 22 Oct 2009

try search from start menu,search all files and folders,type in registry helper,you should be able to easily delete it from there.

User-1229748 21:30 22 Oct 2009

try running malwarebytes,the free versionclick here

Les28 10:29 23 Oct 2009

Is the desktop icon a shortcut icon, does it have a little arrow on the icon, if so right click the icon and left click Properties, the shortcut window in Properties should tell you the program's location on your hard drive, you can even click the Find Target button to open the location of the program and see if there is an uninstaller in that programs folder.

Is it running in Task Manager's Processes Tab, something like Registry Helper.exe, in which case that may need to be stopped before any uninstall is run, by clicking on it to highlight it, then clicking the End Process button on the Processes tab.

click here

bigduvat 15:36 23 Oct 2009

A big thankyou to "LES28"-unwanted download has been successfully removed,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone