Unwanted BT Homepage

dabthoms 16:06 10 Jul 2003

I use BT Openworld to get connected, my OS is XP Pro and browser IE6. I have Yahoo set as my homepage but the instant I connect the BT Homepage opens. When I close this page, and before I can open my browser I?m asked if I want to close my connection. How can I prevent both of these unwanted occurrences?

BurrWalnut 16:14 10 Jul 2003

Without messing around in the registry, try double-clicking the IE icon rather than the BT one.

dabthoms 16:20 10 Jul 2003

BurrWalnut, I click the BT icon to get connected and the instant I am, the BT homepage opens. If I'm really quick enough to beat it and click the IE icon the BT homepage still opens. If I then close it down and click the IE icon again the Yahoo homepage opens.

BurrWalnut 16:29 10 Jul 2003

Don't click the BT icon, click the IE one and have Internet Options, Connections Tab set to "Always dial my...".

dth 16:30 10 Jul 2003

If you use the BT desktop icon on your p/c to connect to the internet - it will always take you to the bt page.

It is much better to simply use the XP dial up wizard and let this add a dial up icon on your desktop. This will also open up the home page that you have chosen. You can then delete the BT software.

If you would like guidance on setting up a manual dial up connection please post back.

BurrWalnut 16:54 10 Jul 2003

DON'T delete the BT software, by all means delete the BT shortcut!

dabthoms 16:55 10 Jul 2003

Thanks dth. Have successfully followed your suggestion and my sanity has now been restored.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires