Unusual E Mail Problem

Sillo100 23:16 25 Oct 2006

I have been using Incredimail for a couple of years know with no problem. Recently I started to get messages with a subject line and just the AVG check but no message this happens to about one in three of my messages. I tried changing back to Outlook Express but the same thing happened but even more frequently. I have contacted NTL who cannot help but say it is nothing to do with them. Has anybody else experienced this or have any idea how to cure it.

Technotiger 23:24 25 Oct 2006

Hi, have you tried an update to the latest Incredimail. I have used Incredimail since it just came out of it's cradle! I would use no other email program.

Cheers.

Technotiger 23:26 25 Oct 2006

You could also try RegScrub, usually clears up most problems.

click here

Sillo100 23:40 25 Oct 2006

Thanks for that I am using the Latest Incredimail. I have tried Regscrub as you suggested but I will have to wait until I have received a few emails to see if it worked. I will let you know.

birdface 01:01 26 Oct 2006

Do you meen a little shaded line across the top with nothing in it, Or is it something different,

Sillo100 07:16 26 Oct 2006

It is still happening. The Subject line is there but in the actual message box all there is is the AVG message saying it is virus free. As I say it happens about one in three times.

^wave^ 08:30 26 Oct 2006

can you view your mail from a web browser and see if the problem is there or when it is down loader from the server

jack 08:32 26 Oct 2006

The mails in question are they from the same source?
or are they from every and any one?
There is perhaps a possibility the E-mail client the sender is using has an incompatibility with this particular version of Incredimail

Technotiger 08:40 26 Oct 2006

Me again - If you are still not having any luck with any of the above suggestions, I would advise you to contact Incredimail and explain it to them. In the early days when I was new to Incredimail, I found them very helpfull.

Cheers.

birdface 10:33 26 Oct 2006

Is it possible that under message rules,You Have asked certain e-mail addresses from contacts to be deleted,

Sillo100 15:51 26 Oct 2006

I have checked and I have no rules or blocked senders. There dosent seem to be any pattern to it most are adverts but some personal. I have noticed that all the messages saying that there is a new response to my thread are OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?