Unsure of PC model, can i check without a monitor?

liamb645 09:54 05 Oct 2017

I have a really old pc i found from 5+ years ago and i am wanting to know if it is good enough for basic gaming. The problem is that im not sure what model it is, I have a product key on the bottom, and some other random numbers with no name, on is formatted like this, xxxx-xxx-xxx-xxx and the other Lxx-xxxxx (L is a letter, the x's are numbers). It also says "Windows Vista tm home basic OEMAct" and has a dell logo. I dont have a monitor yet as i dont want to buy one until i have done some research, hence why i need model.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:21 05 Oct 2017

The L and numbers is probably the model number.

Have you tried connecting it to a TV with PC input (vga)?

wee eddie 14:16 05 Oct 2017

Liam, what are you sending this from?

Jollyjohn 15:35 05 Oct 2017

Windows Vista launched 2007 and superseded by W7 two years later. Although there were 64bit versions of Vista it is most likely to be 32bit. That means it can only use about 3.5GB RAM. The motherboard may support 4GB RAM so in answer to the question about using it for gaming - I would suggest not.

Govan1x 22:45 05 Oct 2017

You can plug it into your TV and use that as a monitor.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?