Unstable taskbar, won't load on one or two clicks

Muergo 13:20 22 Sep 2013

Using Windows7, applies to both Firefox and IE10, items on taskbar when clicked appear immediately on screen but when mouse pointer is moved from taskbar icon onto main screen it reverts straight back to icon. It takes several clicks before I can "catch" it on screen.

I have experimented with various option items but no settings have any effect.

Muergo 13:27 24 Sep 2013

This doesn't work regrettably, in Properties I had it to "Open in Normal Window", changed it to maximised but no different effect.

Taskbar item still flies back to base, needs about three or more clicks to make it stay there.

It would appear that as soon as mouse cursor leaves taskbar and crosses over underlying window it switches to that and returns down to taskbar.

Muergo 09:15 26 Sep 2013

This doesn't work regrettably, in Properties I had it to "Open in Normal Window", changed it to maximised but no different effect.

Taskbar item still flies back to base, needs about three or more clicks to make it stay there.

It would appear that as soon as mouse cursor leaves taskbar and crosses over underlying window it switches to that and returns down to taskbar.

jaywoo 12:17 26 Sep 2013

Do a clean boot to find out if one of your other bits of software is causing the problem (Kodak software in the linked page for example);

click here

Woolwell 13:43 26 Sep 2013

Which taskbar are you talking about? Do you mean IE10 and Firefox toolbars or do you mean that when you open IE10 or Firefox then they just become an icon on your taskbar?

What add-ons have you added to IE10 and Firefox? Have you "accidentally" added the Ask tool bar for instance?

Muergo 16:21 10 Nov 2013

Let me explain precisely with the application I am now trying to run, it is an update of Apple iTunes, this has an icon in the taskbar which when I put mouse pointer on it, it shows a thumbnail screen, now clicked and it expands to medium size and will stay like that provided the mouse pointer is still hovering on it. Should the pointer stray over the border at all it reverts down to taskbar icon with no option to expand to large screeen.

Sometimes if I multiple click or am very fast at moving pointer from taskbar to screen I can "catch" it and hold it as before holding pointer on it.

I have tried every combination of options, ticked/unticked but cannot change this behaviour.

The same applies to BBC player, if I don't playback or listen again with a full screen it reverts from half size vertical screen to taskbar icon.

I have rebooted Firefox and IE10 several times with no effect and reboot whole system frequently.

Getting desperately aggravated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?