unstable connection with aol

IAN2112 10:28 11 Sep 2008

Can someone help with a annoying problem which i think i have managed to figure out manually but would rather it would work everytime.My internet provider (aol vr) will sometimes connect but other times i have to switch router off/on or restart pc to power up my connection.I get the sign on screen as if the connection is starting "searching aol tcp/ip",what would the most likely problem be here??. Recently i have tried this without doing the above,i used the utilities tool in aol sys info and renewed ip addy and then connected without any delay my connection was established.I can put up with this problem but you can bet your life if i want urgent access to net i won't get it.....thanx

woodchip 10:47 11 Sep 2008

Why not contact Aol you pay them enough for them to sort it

provider 2 11:54 11 Sep 2008

Anything useful here?

click here

IAN2112 18:59 05 Oct 2008

Yes i pay enough but i want to keep my connection because its better than nothing at all,which will happen no doubt if i contact AOL like the last time. I just thought there might be an easier solution,because i believe this is a simple problem that could be fixed easily.Have you actually spoken to AOL customers services to get a problem sorted out,its just not worth the hassle.I thought a solution would be suggested here,like in my original post re: renew ip:addy in AOL utilities facility this is my only remedy at the minute,i just clk on that and connection is established so easy but why does that work...... looks like i need to move away from AOL...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone