Unsolicited Goods

Pamy 21:07 10 Mar 2004

Hi, some time ago there was a thread about unsolicited goods, namely with At Home With your PC.
I am now having similar problems and would like to contact the person who asked for advice.
would that person or anyone remember the thread please reply and tellme where I can find the thread and advice given.

Pamy

GaT7 21:45 10 Mar 2004

This thread click here about unsolicited phone call & junk mail may help though may not be the specific one you're looking for.

beeuuem 21:57 10 Mar 2004

Can't find the thread but this may help click here

Pamy 21:57 10 Mar 2004

Strongbow7,

thanks for reply, but this is not the one I wanted.

Mine was concerning At Home With your PC
Pamy

GaT7 21:57 10 Mar 2004

Incidentally, I received a At Home With your PC offer just yesterday. I wrote a polite note telling them I'm not interested, that I get all my info free over the Internet & requested to be taken off their mailing lists. I also mentioned not to pass on my details to anyone and that I will NOT be buying anything from them or any junk mail that comes through my door. Have done it with other junk mail as well (don't get that much) & so far it seems to have worked with the others. The best thing they say is to ignore such junk mail altogether, or to stop it permanently contact the MPS. Your local Citizens Advice Bureau should be able to help if needed. Good luck, G

Pamy 22:02 10 Mar 2004

Strongbow7,
I have ignored it until now but they are now threatening legal action if I do not pay.

Pamy

GaT7 22:11 10 Mar 2004

So you have accepted their Welcome pack then, have you? Their Terms states that one can stop at ANY time - worth another read, I may be wrong (chucked the stuff out). How much do you have to pay? If it's the initial £6.99 & you have received the Welcome pack, I suggest you pay it off & cancel the rest in writing. For a small amount it's not worth getting worked up about. Next time just be more careful. Answer above questions when you post back...

Pamy 22:22 10 Mar 2004

Strongbow7,
the free pack came , then another guides pack which I sent back and told them I did not order them or wanted them, I told them not to send any more and if they did I would keep them for 10days then destroy them. I have not recieved any more guides but they want payment of £17.10 bt 18/3/04

Pamy

opusone 22:24 10 Mar 2004

If you want to stop unsolicited goods/junk mail go to click here and register with the mail preference service and have all unsolicted mail stopped. It will take about 3 months to be effective, You can also register to stop unsolicted phone calls and fax transmissions.

By the way, all you have to do with your unsolicted goods is to put them to oneside and tell the sender that they have to arrange the return at their expense... and await there reply.You do not have to returm them at your expense.

Pamy 22:29 10 Mar 2004

Opusone,
thanks for info, as you can see, there reply is to demand payment and threaten legal action.

Pamy

accord 22:31 10 Mar 2004

opusone

ref: your link to the site above, i registered with tpsonline and havent had any phone calls since. fantastic, i would thoroughly recommend it.

this is also mentioned in the new issue of pcpro in the letters section and the bloke who wrote in, won an iiyama tft his trouble. whats all that about!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?