Unreliable wireless with Belkin 54G (Grrr!)

Ooofafoo 20:39 05 Sep 2007

Hi,

A couple of days ago I decided to upgrade to wireless from a previously reliable wired network however....

The connection to the internet is lost every 5-10 minutes when downloading large files. The downloads (through Bit Comet) seem to run at up to 75k/sec (slower than before but this is not an issue) but the connection soon conks out and has to be reset. There is no problem with casual internet surfing.

Another PC is connected to the router by cable and has no problems whatsoever even when downloading large files at around about 150k/sec.

My router model is Belkin 54G model F5D7230-4 and I am using a Belkin wireless G USB network adapter to connect to it.
The internet connection is Virgin (formerly Blueyonder) and is working perfectly.
I also do not live in a built up area.

Any help offered is much appreciated.

Thanks for reading :-)

Ashrich 20:46 05 Sep 2007

This is more likely to be an issue with the amount of concurrent connections that your router can handle from Bit Comet , some routers can handle thousands some only a few , I'd do a search on Google to see if others have the same problem .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?