Tired of the login screen showing how many unread emails you have? These registry hacks will remove this information for you.
Boys and girls... this is registry hacking. If you break your registry, your box won't work anymore. Play carefully.
If you just want to remove it for one user:
1. Log into the XP box with the user you want to change
2. Click Start and click Run
3. In the runbox type regedit and press ENTER
4. Navigate to the following key:
5. Double-click on the dword MessageExpiryDays in the right column. If the dword is not there, create it.
6. Set the value to 0
If you want to remove the notification for all users:
1. Click Start -> run -> regedit (as noted above)
2. Navigate to
3. Double-click on the dword MessageExpiryDays in the right column. If the dword is not there, create it.
4. Set the value to 0