Unread emails can i get rid of them

scolley 20:44 30 Jun 2007

just bought a pc of a friend for my daughter i have made a new windows live email addy for her but when i switch on comp, its sayin she has 916 unread emails, messages this is on start up, ?? any ideas please,

rdave13 21:02 30 Jun 2007

click here
might help.

Stuartli 21:04 30 Jun 2007

Can you call up the e-mails?

If so, highlight the first e-mail and then scroll to the end of the e-mails (you may have to do it in smaller blocks of e-mails for ease), press the Shift key and highlight the last e-mail.

This will highlight them all. Right click and choose Delete.

Technotiger 21:04 30 Jun 2007

Hi, I would delete the lot. Also download and run CCleaner click here this will get rid of a lot of rubbish and old temp files.

Also make sure the pc is well protected with anti-virus, anti malware, firewall etc....

scolley 21:33 30 Jun 2007

hi all i have got the comp on next to me and my daughters name sayin to begin click on user name, by my daighters name its got 916 un read messages if i hover over these i can see there email addresses, but thats it, where do i go from there am novice as you might have gueesed,

Technotiger 21:55 30 Jun 2007

Open the email program, probably Outlook Express, you should then see all the emails in the In Box/Folder (I am not familiar with OE because I use Incredimail), but they are all similar. You should then be able to highlight a bunch of emails and then Delete them, do so until all are gone. Other members who do use OE may come on and give you further assistance.

scolley 22:05 30 Jun 2007

Technotiger outlook Express ont configered on this comp well thats whats its saying

Technotiger 22:06 30 Jun 2007

OK, then open Outlook which is similar.

scolley 22:19 30 Jun 2007

its out look express but no one on there yet and asking for new profile,

scolley 22:22 30 Jun 2007

Beta am complete novice how do i do this ? please or get to it

p;3 22:23 30 Jun 2007

question ; are you saying it is a brand NEW e mail addy? just created?

and has the PREVIOUS owner's e mail addy NOT been removed from the comp?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017