Unneccessary Office Updates?

Batch 12:04 09 Aug 2006

Whenever I check for Microsoft Office updates (Office 2000), it always suggests updates for parts of Office that I do not have installed (e.g. Powerpoint, Outlook, Access and Wordperfect converter for Word).

Does anyone know why this happens and whether one should be concerned?

vinnyT 13:35 09 Aug 2006

The updater dosn't know that those apps arn't installed, but knows that they are available in office 2000, so lets you know about the updates.

Nothing to worry about, if you don't want them just ingnore them, or you may be able to tell the updater not to include these in future (prob requires cookie).

Hope this helps.

mimosa418 14:03 09 Aug 2006

When searching select "custom" rather than "express" and just deselect the updates you do not want.

Batch 14:50 09 Aug 2006

Seems stupid to me. Surely the whole idea of "checking for updates YOU need" is that what is installed on your PC is analysed in order to provide you with only those that are relevant?

Stuartli 14:57 09 Aug 2006

Because they are on your system (not necessarily installed) it's wise to keep them updated - one day you might decide to use them.

Batch 15:16 09 Aug 2006

As it happens, they aren't on my system. When I installed Office, I stripped out everything that wasn't necessary.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?