Unknown process in Task manager

Koochy 12:56 23 Dec 2005

Hi all,
I have just noticed a process running in windows task manager that i am unsure of. The process is csrss.exe i have been to the mcafee website and they say that the W32/[email protected]!M681 worm Creates this file along with a long list of others which a have a few of but not all of them. I have downloaded and ran the stinger tool but it cant find any infected files. Am i just being over paranoid Please help.

Koochy

VoG II 12:57 23 Dec 2005

Probably legitimate click here

Koochy 12:57 23 Dec 2005

OS Windows xp home sp2
Anti virus Mcafee
Firewall Mcafee

Gongoozler 13:00 23 Dec 2005

You're certainly not being too paranoid. It's important to be careful about what is running on your computer. In this case, however you are ok. I have csrss.exe running in the background on my computer, and this explains what it is click here

Koochy 13:04 23 Dec 2005

I have just visited the page and it says it all but it also recommends downloading WinTasks 5 Professional for $49.99 But i have tried some of these programs before and had nothing but trouble with them what do you think???

VoG II 13:08 23 Dec 2005

No you don't need WinTasks 5 Professional - I just posted the link so you could see that it can be a legitimate Windows file.

If you have McAfee AV you can be pretty confident that you are not infected.

VoG II 13:09 23 Dec 2005

click here is a good site for checking on suspect processes.

Koochy 13:13 23 Dec 2005

Thank you for the prompt response and help. You have put my mind at rest with this query but i know where to come if i have any more concerns.

Thanks once again.

Koochy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires