Unknown entries

hiwatt 13:44 30 Nov 2007

Hi folks,I'm getting rid of some old programs and files that are no longer used using my uninstaller.There are 2 entries that I haven't got a clue about.One is called "Branding" with the uninstall string "BrandCleanInstallStubs" and the other is "PCHealth".The installer is unknown for both and as far as I'm aware they are never used.Does anyone know what they are and if I can get rid of them?Cheers.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:04 30 Nov 2007

Do not deelete PChealth it is part on the windows System Info click here

BrandCleanInstallStubs
These types of entries are ones where the uninstaller for the program is calling a common Windows file, with a command line parameter, to perform the uninstall for the program.
When edit strings do not contain path information it simply means that Windows already knows where to look for these files
Read more:
click here

Technotiger 14:06 30 Nov 2007

click here

Not so sure about Branding - I think it has something to do with advertising, Branding as in Marketing. I think it would be perfectly safe to get rid of this one.

Technotiger 14:09 30 Nov 2007

Hi, I don't think you link is working?

hiwatt - hmm, better not get rid of Branding then - ya lerns sumfink evry day, dontcha LoL

johnnyrocker 14:29 30 Nov 2007

the link is working ie 6 xp pro sp3

johnny.

johnnyrocker 14:31 30 Nov 2007

oops typo 2;)

johnny.

hiwatt 17:10 30 Nov 2007

Thanks very much for the info folks.I thought they were parts of programs that had been left behind.Just as well I sought advise here first before deleting them.Cheers.

Technotiger 17:54 30 Nov 2007

Hi, I'm using FF. Strange ....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone