'Unknown Device Identifier 1.60' - Trojan

The Spires 02:13 16 Oct 2003

A few weeks ago I posted a link for 'Unknown Device Identifier 1.60' http**w*w.zhangduo.com/ this was done in good faith as the software was from a reliable site & had been used by myself without problem. On scanning after the latest database update for 'The Cleaner' click here a Trojan was identified in 'Unknown Device Identifier'. 'The Cleaner' did a repair which resulted in the 'exe of the program being deleted from my archive. 'Moosoft' have rated the Trojan 'UDI' as Destructive and can run a batch file deleting needed parts of Windows & a possible format. The information here posted is based on 'Moosoft's' diagnosis of the file infection. I have made the post because I know at least two members have downloaded the file.

Gaz 25 03:43 16 Oct 2003

The batch file is Deltree, i think.

Becuase the Deltree trojan does the same.

Gaz 25 03:43 16 Oct 2003

The batch file is Deltree, i think.

Becuase the Deltree trojan does the same.

Gaz 25 03:44 16 Oct 2003

Sorry for the double post.

Gaz 25 03:45 16 Oct 2003
  Jester2K II 08:18 16 Oct 2003

Sure its not a false positive? Has ore than one AV identified it as a Trojan?

The Spires 08:44 16 Oct 2003

Moosoft have called the Trojan UDI, the program is called 'Unknown Device Identifier'. They do make mistakes and I have had false positives before, I am not alleging the program has a Trojan embedded only that 'The Cleaner' detected it on two separate machines far apart. As it was labelled Destructive & I recommended to new users I felt I ought to say something. My point of view is it's deleted along with the site.

Jester2K II 08:44 16 Oct 2003

The latest version of the Cleaner (Version 4 RC 1) also detects it as such. I've written to MooSoft - waiting a response...

The Spires 14:08 16 Oct 2003

Conscience clear now.

Jester2K II 07:39 13 Nov 2003

This is a Trojan - its just appeared on the LangaList click here e-mail under "Nice Software, Nasty Actions". If you are not a subscriber it'll be on the website in a few days or so.

The REAL app is click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires