unknown bugcheck win 7

Garthyy 17:03 13 Jan 2011

I have installed win7 on my pc two weeks ago witgh no problems. I installed the new security patch today but can bno longer boot my pc. System start repair will not work or system restore. Any ideas?

GaT7 18:00 13 Jan 2011

At the System Recovery Options applet, choose the Command Prompt option this time (last one in the list).

Type: sfc /scannow , & press Enter

Please note that there is single space between sfc & the forward slash, so: sfc[single space]/scannow

Let the scan run to completion & reboot after ejecting the Win7 DVD from the drive. G

GaT7 18:11 13 Jan 2011

Actually before that I would try starting in 'Safe Mode with Command Prompt' option (press F8 at bootup) & doing a System Restore from there.

Type rstrui.exe , & press Enter.

If you're unable to start in Safe Mode, then get to the System Recovery Options by using the Win7 DVD & doing a System Restore from the Command Prompt, using the same command as above. G

GaT7 18:30 13 Jan 2011

Once you can get back into Windows, refrain from installing the update that's causing the problem.

Possibly KB2454826 by the looks of it click here. G

Garthyy 11:16 14 Jan 2011

Tried everything but ended up reinstalling windows. Will update very slowly before I loads anymore.

Garthyy 14:22 15 Jan 2011

Installed all windows updates no problems. Installed office 2007 working fine, tried updating office, no start again - system restore pre office install working again. Office loaded and working bt not updated - any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?