unistalled Norton got AVG + zonealarm

pat-212841 13:45 20 Mar 2005

At last i have had the courage to uninstall Norton it was nothing but trouble always problems when it came to updates i know have AVG and Zonealarm but have lots of adverts on the screen now ! is that the price i pay for getting both free ? even if it is they are so much better than Norton. thanks

Technotiger 14:02 20 Mar 2005

Hi, I think you have done the right thing - I also think I am correct in saying that if you get the paid-for versions of ZA & AVG you would have no more ads. But ads are no problem anyway, they pay for the programs, where would we be without ads.

Cheers.

stalion 14:05 20 Mar 2005

A lot of people have had problems trying to uninstall norton how did you manage it hammer and chisel, lol

willo500 14:09 20 Mar 2005

I'm no expert on this stuff but I did the same thing and have not regretted it one bit. I don't seem to be troubled by ads mind you.

Will

dogbreath1 14:15 20 Mar 2005

Are the ads appearing on a browser page? I've got Zone Alarm and AVG (both free) and never see an ad whether I'm browsing or not.

VoG II 14:20 20 Mar 2005

No ads on the installation I did click here either.

Where are these ads?

fsbb 14:31 20 Mar 2005

Used both free AVG & ZA for a number of years and never had a problem with the applications. Ads? What ads? Where are they?

pat-212841 14:33 20 Mar 2005

I got the ads now down the side of Pcadvisor page <advertising Mesh computers at the minute > and i have it on hotmail .Stalion ,this comptuer from new had Norton already on it maybe thats why it was easier for me but i did get nervous doing it cause for a little while you have no firewall why you are installing it ,Norton was ok but like someone else said it hogs your computer,

VoG II 14:34 20 Mar 2005

Use a HOSTS file click here

pat-212841 14:35 20 Mar 2005

Is it only me with all the adds ?? i knew i couldnt have done something right on this computer !

stalion 14:38 20 Mar 2005

the ads on the pca forum pay for the forum
Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?