uninstalling Windows Media Player

webber_man 19:45 20 May 2003

hi,

a simple one i know - but i don't know the answer!!

i undated my media player to version 9 a couple of weeks ago and now it won't play certain .avi files that it once did. I have tried installing (or re-installing) the latest divx codecs etc. but nothing works.

The only thing i can think of is to uninstall media player and re-install an older version - yes? But the problem i have is i can't seem to find an uninstall for it. How do i uninstall this?

If anyone has any suggestions i'd be grateful - or if you can tell me what i need along with version 9 to watch .avi files.

Cheers

leo49 19:59 20 May 2003

I believe the only uninstall option offered by MS with WMP9 is System Restore.There is an MS download of codecs for WMP9 - got those? I don't use it myself so can't suggest anything else,I'm afraid.

Regards

Philip2 20:01 20 May 2003

You can not uninstall media player nine if you are using ME OR XP you should have checked you had a restore point before downloading it should have informed you about this.
You will have to format and reinstall your OS unless anyone else knows another way.
After downloading Media player 9 did you disable
your antivirus???

webber_man 20:09 20 May 2003

what a swizz - no uninstall?!!! ok - i have a restore point so will give that a go.

cheers for the info

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?